Rack Ears for Mackie DFX 12
c***@earthlink.net
2007-02-26 04:05:11 UTC
I am attempting to mount a Mackie DFX 12 mixer into the Top of a
Raxxess CR 10/10 converta rack. I e-mailed Mackie and they wrote me
back stating they do not make rack ears for the DFX 12 mixer.
Any sugguestions? or a work-around?
Eeyore
2007-02-26 04:36:37 UTC
Post by c***@earthlink.net
I am attempting to mount a Mackie DFX 12 mixer into the Top of a
Raxxess CR 10/10 converta rack. I e-mailed Mackie and they wrote me
back stating they do not make rack ears for the DFX 12 mixer.
Any sugguestions? or a work-around?
How about making your own ?

Graham
TimPerry
2007-02-26 06:36:38 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Post by c***@earthlink.net
I am attempting to mount a Mackie DFX 12 mixer into the Top of a
Raxxess CR 10/10 converta rack. I e-mailed Mackie and they wrote me
back stating they do not make rack ears for the DFX 12 mixer.
Any sugguestions? or a work-around?
How about making your own ?
Graham
transport mixer in foam lined case or box.

set mixer on top of rack to use.

i removed the top rack rails from a SKB roll around. a 16 ch Behringer fits
in it nicely.
Ron
2007-02-26 13:40:41 UTC
I mounted a DFX 12 in my SKB Mini Gig Rig by cutting a piece of plywood that
fits well under the rack rails provided. This piece had to be cut exactly
to fit, but when in place, it allowed a perfect table for the mixer, and I
was able to leave everything plugged in. I cut out semi circles in the rear
to allow for the wires. Recently, to reduce weight, I moved my 4-space
drawer to the top of the lower section. This instantly provided a table(the
top of the drawer system) for the mixer, and less wood weight. For extra
support, I attached two coat hanger wires to the top rack rails and to the
top lid of the drawer. Now the mixer doesn't sag one bit.

Oh and btw, I love the DFX mixer. I am a new solo performer, and this mixer
has all the bells and whistles that I need. I am fortunate that I use one
effect setting for my voice and my acoustic guitar, just different channel
amounts.

Ron