A quick question...is this Phil Allison guy for real?
Hot Chip
2008-04-14 04:53:37 UTC
Sounds like it's either a troll, a forger or just brain-damaged
jakdedert
2008-04-14 16:46:33 UTC
Post by Hot Chip
Sounds like it's either a troll, a forger or just brain-damaged
Two out of three ain't bad....

jak
liquidator
2008-04-14 21:04:21 UTC
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
Sounds like it's either a troll, a forger or just brain-damaged
Two out of three ain't bad....
jak
ROTFL
Pretty much spot on. Phil saddens me though- if he could get himself under
control there is some worth there. he actually has a good brain, it's just
emotionally he is a train wreck.

Contrasted to say- Arny- who is virtually useless, posts wrong info and
argues about it, then just generally shows his ass, Phil is wonderful On
technical issues you can generally believe Phil...he's rarely but sometimes
wrong.

On a tech issue- frankly I would take his word over pretty much anybody
here.

Any kind of business or other issue- and he flames worse than a drag queen
being burned at the stake. One or two words can send him into a name calling
tirade that goes on and on.

I've employed guys like Phil. You can often get very skilled workers at a
bargain by doing so.

Just have to have a back room with a closed door for them to work behind.
Joe L
2008-04-14 22:12:15 UTC
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
Conversely, I've always found that no matter how good a guys skills or chops
are, if they're an asshole with attitude issues, I'm better off without them
in the long run. Cause it always comes back to bite you when you least need
it, if you decide to stick with them.
JL
Phil Allison
2008-04-14 23:04:43 UTC
"Joe L" <I'***@home.com>

Joe Lummox = Brain Dead CUNT

YOU have still NOT found out which Shure 58 model you have !!!!

YOU FUCKING STUPID PILE of AUTISTIC SHIT !!!

...... Phil
Joe L
2008-04-15 03:51:08 UTC
Post by Phil Allison
Joe Lummox = Brain Dead CUNT
YOU have still NOT found out which Shure 58 model you have !!!!
YOU FUCKING STUPID PILE of AUTISTIC SHIT !!!
...... Phil
Hey Phil, the thread has moved on from the beta58 topic, maybe you could
revise your insults as well. ;-)

But as it being not the weekend now if the security around the mental
institution's web computers is a lot less lax, I can understand why you'd
have to stick to the pasted text as to get it done quickly and not noticed.
LOL

JL
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 03:56:36 UTC
"Joe L" <I'***@home.com>

Joe Lummox = Brain Dead CUNT

YOU have still NOT found out which Shure 58 model you have !!!!

YOU FUCKING STUPID PILE of AUTISTIC SHIT !!!

" alt.music.makers.soloact "

With all the other ASD fucked, toy and gimmick obsessed wankers.

...... Phil
Joe L
2008-04-15 04:40:10 UTC
"Phil Allison" <
Post by Phil Allison
YOU have still NOT found out which Shure 58 model you have !!!!
Sure I have;-)

JL
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 04:48:08 UTC
** Joe Lummox is kindly ** PROVING ** my claims about him.

Being a congenital, autistic mental defective makes it near IMPOSSIBLE
for him to admit any mistake or even a simple oversight or omission.

So and as a result - he is having nightmares about the possibility there
may be an "A" on the end of the mic's model number.

Bet he can't even look at the thing.

It's like some weird phobia that autistics all suffer from.

ROTFL !!

What a fucking hoot.

....... Phil
Joe L
2008-04-15 05:14:11 UTC
Post by Phil Allison
** Joe Lummox is kindly ** PROVING ** my claims about him.
Being a congenital, autistic mental defective makes it near IMPOSSIBLE
for him to admit any mistake or even a simple oversight or omission.
So and as a result - he is having nightmares about the possibility there
may be an "A" on the end of the mic's model number.
Bet he can't even look at the thing.
It's like some weird phobia that autistics all suffer from.
ROTFL !!
What a fucking hoot.
....... Phil
???????

Gee Phil, I already got your quote; $0.00US, what more am I supposed to be
looking forward to?

Thanks for the update on your medical file though.;-)

JL
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 06:23:14 UTC
Post by Phil Allison
Being a congenital, autistic mental defective makes it near IMPOSSIBLE
for him to admit any mistake or even a simple oversight or omission.
So and as a result - he is having nightmares about the possibility there
may be an "A" on the end of the mic's model number.
Bet he can't even look at the thing.
It's like some weird phobia that autistics all suffer from.
ROTFL !!
What a fucking hoot.
Gee Phil, I already got your quote; $0.00US,
** So it is the worthless Shure Beta 58 ( with no " A " ) ??

What took you so long - fuckhead ???

So you are anal retentive as well as autistic - I see.

....... Phil
Joe L
2008-04-15 19:21:14 UTC
Oh I'm sorry Phil, were you expecting me to actually post the model #?

I guess with all your insults, I must have got distracted, what with all the
'specific' mental problem you claim I have.LOL

JL
Hot Chip
2008-04-15 05:45:48 UTC
Post by Phil Allison
** Joe Lummox is kindly ** PROVING ** my claims about him.
Being a congenital, autistic mental defective makes it near IMPOSSIBLE
for him to admit any mistake or even a simple oversight or omission.
So how about you admitting you fucked up when you went ballistic over your
simple misreading of the Beta post...you know, the one where Joe L asked
about a beta 58 and then you went spastic?

I mean seriously, all this shouting and abuse because you're too chickenshit
to admit you got it wrong?

Amazing.
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 06:29:31 UTC
"Hot Cunt"
Post by Hot Chip
Post by Phil Allison
** Joe Lummox is kindly ** PROVING ** my claims about him.
Being a congenital, autistic mental defective makes it near IMPOSSIBLE
for him to admit any mistake or even a simple oversight or omission.
So how about you admitting you fucked up when you went ballistic over your
simple misreading of the Beta post.
** I did not misread anything

Go eat shit -

you mother-fucking wop moron.

.... Phil
t***@peoplepc.com
2008-04-14 23:35:55 UTC
Post by Joe L
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
my feeling exactly
In can teach people how to do a task, but i cant teach them to be on time or
be aware of the presentation that they are makeing.

people with no place on my jobs
Druggies,Drunks,angry people, Agenda freaks(pro or anti religion,
diet,sexuality, race, political leaning) people who refuse to seek help
when they get stumped,swag whores, people who cant get out of bed on thier
own,people who constantly tell clients how they would do it, if they were in
charge, people who pitch thier sound services at my gigs.
there are others but these are the most common problem children I run into
georg
Joe L
2008-04-15 03:53:39 UTC
Post by t***@peoplepc.com
Post by Joe L
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
That's a good list, do you put that into the interview?

JL
Phil Allison

...... Phil
liquidator
2008-04-15 16:00:28 UTC
Post by t***@peoplepc.com
Post by Joe L
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
Hey we all have opinions- and I'm on record as being willing to fight for
your right to disagree with me.

Some of the best employees I've had started out really rocky. Some that I
got within an inch of firing straightened up.

Despite what good I said about Phil- did you read the part in this thread
where I said I just killfiled him...

You are friends with Crackology- an absolute idiot..read one book, didn't
understand it, and thinks he knows electronics...I would hire Phil way
before some poser like that.
Joe L
2008-04-15 19:28:05 UTC
"liquidator" >
Post by liquidator
Hey we all have opinions- and I'm on record as being willing to fight for
your right to disagree with me.
Some of the best employees I've had started out really rocky. Some that I
got within an inch of firing straightened up.
Despite what good I said about Phil- did you read the part in this thread
where I said I just killfiled him...
You are friends with Crackology- an absolute idiot..read one book, didn't
understand it, and thinks he knows electronics...I would hire Phil way
before some poser like that.
I get your point, but it's kinda like saying you'd eat moldy bread before
eating rancid meat. Not much of a bar you're setting though.
But don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing to start a flame war, just saying
IME I've found out the hard way that one is far better off working with
positive people, cause as George also agreed with, skills can be
learned/taught, but attitude and/or character isn't something that can be
adjusted externally.

JL
liquidator
2008-04-15 20:17:30 UTC
Post by Joe L
I get your point, but it's kinda like saying you'd eat moldy bread before
eating rancid meat.
ROTFL OK- you win.

Not much of a bar you're setting though.

True- it's just different things bother different people- someone nice but
dishonest to me is ten times slimier than Phil...your mileage may vary.
Post by Joe L
But don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing to start a flame war, just saying
IME I've found out the hard way that one is far better off working with
positive people, cause as George also agreed with, skills can be
learned/taught, but attitude and/or character isn't something that can be
adjusted externally.
Nah- frankly- you make sense in your posts- I might argue with ya, but I
don't flame people who make sense- or at least attempt not to.

Arny Krooger expert in everything who makes so many basic technical errors
obviously makes no sense- how can one be an expert and make so many errors?

Simple- POSER.

Posers rank somewhere on the life scale between protozoa and rocks.
Virtually EVERY bad business deal Ive done has involved a poser. Many with
assholes have been successful- we both made money.

My definition of a good deal... I'm at a flea market- with an item priced
at fifteen bucks- you offer ten.

You walk away snickering to yourself you would have paid the fifteen.

I'm sitting there snickering that I would have taken 5.

If we are both assholes- who cares- no harm done.
Joe L
2008-04-16 00:31:35 UTC
Post by Joe L
[...]
I guess I'm thinking more of someone 'on my team' as in someone in a musical
group, or hired to work for/or with me on a project. Where as you might be
thinking as a contractor, you're gonna deal with a lot of questionable
people, at least ego or attitude wise. Sure, I come across that all the
time, I was just thinking for the people one hires or teams up with, given a
choice I'll take the less talented person if they've got a better attitude,
over the hot shot with the attitude any day. As in most jobs, raw talent
is great but perspiration is a huge factor in success, so the hard working
average talent is gonna blow away the lazy natural talent every time. Unless
you can find both in one person, and still afford them that is.

JL
liquidator
2008-04-16 00:44:08 UTC
Post by Joe L
Post by Joe L
[...]
Lots of hard working jerks out there...just depends on your
definition...some people don't like those who waste their time-some don't
like those that cost them money...I don't like either of those types
regardless of how nice they are..

In a diplomatic, being a slimy weasel is knda OK. In the treasurer of your
country, not so good.

Personally a few hundred assholes in government who scream bloody murder
about wasteful spending would be a good thing.

If you like science fiction, try to find a short story titled "Cordle to
Onion to Carrot" by Robert Sheckley. Circa late 60's. If I can locate it
I'll gladly email it to you..

Might give you an idea where I stand.

Of course, with Krooger and His Nukes (sounds like a punk band) it might be
good to know where I stand so you aren't close by.
t***@peoplepc.com
2008-04-15 16:35:37 UTC
Post by liquidator
You are friends with Crackology- an absolute idiot.
??????

.read one book, didn't
Post by liquidator
understand it, and thinks he knows electronics...I would hire Phil way
before some poser like that.
I have hired quite a few from this list
for one off's
I hope to avail myself of Mike Gasters skills for 10 days in june
I have been hired by many here, and am grateful for each chance to do what I
love
George
liquidator
2008-04-15 16:33:10 UTC
Post by Joe L
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
Far and away the majority of touring engineers are assholes with attitude
issues.

Getting to muso's and the percentage goes up.

Made a lot of money ignoring assholes and working with them..

One man's attitude is another man's body armor..

If I got a chice, in combat situatin, between say, Arny and Phill- hand
down I'd take Phil. He probably at least knows which end of the gun the
bullet comes out of.

BTW the reason I suspect Phil is so upset is the sheep in Australia are on
their periods.
Arny Krueger
2008-04-15 17:01:01 UTC
Post by liquidator
If I got a chice, in combat situatin, between say, Arny
and Phill- hand down I'd take Phil. He probably at least
knows which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.
If I were you Liquid-brain, I'd choose to be shot at by Phil. I served with
the most blood-thirsty (number of kills this millenium and most of the last)
Army in the world. I'm a trained professional killer that qualified well
with two kinds of high-powered automatic rifle and an automatic pistol. The
other weapon I qualified Expert with has pinpoint accuracy at a range of 50
miles, and can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
Ron(UK)
2008-04-15 18:05:56 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
If I were you Liquid-brain, I'd choose to be shot at by Phil. I served with
the most blood-thirsty (number of kills this millenium and most of the last)
Army in the world. I'm a trained professional killer that qualified well
with two kinds of high-powered automatic rifle and an automatic pistol. The
other weapon I qualified Expert with has pinpoint accuracy at a range of 50
miles, and can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
You are Arnold Rimmer and I claim the five pounds

:)

Ron
Arny Krueger
2008-04-15 18:25:07 UTC
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Arny Krueger
If I were you Liquid-brain, I'd choose to be shot at by
Phil. I served with the most blood-thirsty (number of
kills this millenium and most of the last) Army in the
world. I'm a trained professional killer that qualified
well with two kinds of high-powered automatic rifle and
an automatic pistol. The other weapon I qualified Expert
with has pinpoint accuracy at a range of 50 miles, and
can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
You are Arnold Rimmer and I claim the five pounds
:)
The story breaks down because that other Arnie is in the future, and I am in
the present. ;-)
Ron(UK)
Curses! foiled again by your impecable logic
Eeyore
2008-04-15 18:42:16 UTC
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Arny Krueger
If I were you Liquid-brain, I'd choose to be shot at by Phil. I served with
the most blood-thirsty (number of kills this millenium and most of the last)
Army in the world. I'm a trained professional killer that qualified well
with two kinds of high-powered automatic rifle and an automatic pistol. The
other weapon I qualified Expert with has pinpoint accuracy at a range of 50
miles, and can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
You are Arnold Rimmer and I claim the five pounds
:)
LOL ! I have doubts Arny knows about Rimmer. Good observation though, spot on
even.

Graham
Arny Krueger
Proved you wrong again, Graham. ;-)
liquidator
2008-04-15 19:10:35 UTC
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Arny Krueger
miles, and can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
You are Arnold Rimmer and I claim the five pounds
:)
Ron
Arny just doesn't get it-

A. I don't see his lame posts except when somebody replies.

B. I don't believe his lies.

Stupidity is Arny ranting and rving when he knows I probably won't see it.

On the other hand he seems anxious to read my posts...nice to have a loyal
fan.
Joe L
2008-04-15 19:39:08 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by liquidator
If I got a chice, in combat situatin, between say, Arny
and Phill- hand down I'd take Phil. He probably at least
knows which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.
If I were you Liquid-brain, I'd choose to be shot at by Phil. I served
with the most blood-thirsty (number of kills this millenium and most of
the last) Army in the world. I'm a trained professional killer that
qualified well with two kinds of high-powered automatic rifle and an
automatic pistol. The other weapon I qualified Expert with has pinpoint
accuracy at a range of 50 miles, and can carry a thermonuclear warhead.
Just an observation, but why are such a large percentage of the wacko's on
NG's former military? I understand the toll that type of career could mess
with one's head, but the tendancy is to still be involved in a fight, even
if it's just in a text based forum.
I don't want to slam all veterans, most probably go on to normal lives, but
I have noticed a common link to many of the more obnoxious characters that
stink up NG's.

That does explain a lot though, and especially AK's 'need' to win every
post. YMMV

JL
liquidator
2008-04-15 20:19:15 UTC
Post by Joe L
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by liquidator
[...]
Ever sice the Army istalled mechanical potato peelers Arny's carrer went
down the drain.
geoff
2008-04-15 21:57:15 UTC
Post by liquidator
Ever sice the Army istalled mechanical potato peelers Arny's carrer
went down the drain.
I see where your empathy with Phil A comes from. Glad you can hold back
from the obscenities.

geoff
liquidator
2008-04-16 00:20:34 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by liquidator
Ever sice the Army istalled mechanical potato peelers Arny's carrer
went down the drain.
I see where your empathy with Phil A comes from. Glad you can hold back
from the obscenities.
geoff
Hey Geoff- if we got off on the wrong foot it's never too late to start
over...not really an "empathy" with Phil...more of a sadness..the old "mind
is a terrible thing to waste" syndrome...don't feel that for Arny, who
hasn't shown he has a mind to waste.

I'm basically a decent guy, as long as I have decent neighbors...a neighbor
who likes to throw trash in the street would hate me..Arny hates me cause he
like to throw trash in the group, so I reciprocate. All he has to do is back
up, quit blustering and posting about capabilities he doesn't have.

He'll never do it.

So I treat him like the joke he is-
FatBoySlimFast
2008-04-15 20:55:36 UTC
Post by Joe L
That does explain a lot though, and especially AK's 'need' to win every
post. YMMV
No - that's because he's a c***.
As Phil would so politely put it.
Steve W
liquidator

Well said Sir!
mcsteve
2008-04-15 23:14:11 UTC
Post by Joe L
Just an observation, but why are such a large percentage of the wacko's on
NG's former military?
I think it's more a case of wackos finding it necessary to mention
their service, as a way to bolster their perceived credibility. There's
a total wack job in my area who is an habitual writer of letters to
the editor of the local papers. He constantly makes mention of his
status as an ex Marine, even when the topic is totally unrelated.
His pet peeves are immigrants, acceptance of gays, and is a
proponent of book banning in schools. IOW, a total wack job.

Then, there's folks like me. I was drafted in 1968. The US Army
thought I was too much of a "wacko" and let me go. It was all
planned by me, and basically an act. But, I managed to outsmart
them, and avoid a trip to SE Asia. So, it doesn't bother me if they
considered me a wacko. I saw most of them as such.
Steve <snip> McQ
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 02:19:35 UTC
Post by mcsteve
Then, there's folks like me. I was drafted in 1968. The
US Army thought I was too much of a "wacko" and let me
go. It was all planned by me, and basically an act.
IOW Steve, you lied because you were afraid of something that about a
million others simply sucked up, and did their duty. I guess that character
is one of those fundamental things that doesn't change.
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 02:16:48 UTC
Post by Joe L
Just an observation, but why are such a large percentage
of the wacko's on NG's former military?
Are they?
Post by Joe L
I understand the
toll that type of career could mess with one's head, but
the tendancy is to still be involved in a fight, even if
it's just in a text based forum.
I don't want to slam all veterans, most probably go on to
normal lives, but I have noticed a common link to many of
the more obnoxious characters that stink up NG's.
That does explain a lot though, and especially AK's
'need' to win every post. YMMV
Joem it appears that it is you who sees NG posting as a win or lose
proposition, not me.
Joe L
2008-04-16 06:09:43 UTC
Post by Joe L
I understand the
toll that type of career could mess with one's head, but
the tendancy is to still be involved in a fight, even if
it's just in a text based forum.
I don't want to slam all veterans, most probably go on to
normal lives, but I have noticed a common link to many of
the more obnoxious characters that stink up NG's.
That does explain a lot though, and especially AK's
'need' to win every post. YMMV
Joem it appears that it is you who sees NG posting as a win or lose
proposition, not me.
Sure, if you say so.

See how easy that was. You should try that some time. lol

JL
William Black
2008-04-15 17:20:03 UTC
Post by liquidator
Far and away the majority of touring engineers are assholes with attitude
issues.
Not if you compare them to the bloody drummers...
--
William Black

Time for tea.
Eeyore
2008-04-15 17:58:10 UTC
Post by William Black
Post by liquidator
Far and away the majority of touring engineers are assholes with attitude
issues.
Not if you compare them to the bloody drummers...
Eh ? Guitarists mate ! They often have ZERO discipline in the volume control
department. However a strategically placed stage monitor can give them a fright
! I still have memories of a particular example from some 35 years ago .....
it was quite funny. Never seen anyone jump quite so fast on stage before or
since.

For the first time a few years back I came across a tiresome keyboard player
actually. First time I've met one of those.

Graham
Ron(UK)
I take it you`ve not worked with a certain Mr Price then?
Eeyore

Graham
Ron(UK)
2008-04-15 19:25:22 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by William Black
Post by liquidator
Far and away the majority of touring engineers are assholes with attitude
issues.
Not if you compare them to the bloody drummers...
Eh ? Guitarists mate ! They often have ZERO discipline in the volume control
department. However a strategically placed stage monitor can give them a fright
! I still have memories of a particular example from some 35 years ago .....
it was quite funny. Never seen anyone jump quite so fast on stage before or
since.
For the first time a few years back I came across a tiresome keyboard player
actually. First time I've met one of those.
I take it you`ve not worked with a certain Mr Price then?
No. Do tell.
Graham
Alan is the original grumpy old man of rock. He can be.. let's say
'dificult' tho there IS a way to handle him. There are far worse than
him tho.

btw, I was out with Wishbone Ash again last weekend, they are all on
IEM`s now, a system called HearBack, each has his own little digital
mixer, all connected together by cat5. The system seems to work well,
tho I`ve noticed that a lot of bands, once they get used to in ears,
play far louder on stage than before. WA certainly do!

Ron
0***@bellsouth.net
2008-04-15 21:07:15 UTC
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:07:15 GMT
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
I take it you`ve not worked with a certain Mr Price then?
No. Do tell.
Graham
Alan is the original grumpy old man of rock. He can be.. let's say
'dificult' tho there IS a way to handle him. There are far worse
than him tho.
Not familiar with the name. SHould I be?
Post by Ron(UK)
btw, I was out with Wishbone Ash again last weekend, they are all on
IEM`s now, a system called HearBack, each has his own little digital
mixer, all connected together by cat5. The system seems to work
well, tho I`ve noticed that a lot of bands, once they get used to
in ears, play far louder on stage than before. WA certainly do!
I've seen them twice, once at an auditorium, soft seater
designed for musical and dramatic performances. SEcond time
at a club.
Always dug that band.

I gather you were foh then since they're each mixing their
own mons.

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Great audio is never heard by the average person, but bad
audio is heard by everyone.
Eeyore
2008-04-15 21:29:30 UTC
Post by 0***@bellsouth.net
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Ron(UK)
btw, I was out with Wishbone Ash again last weekend, they are all on
IEM`s now, a system called HearBack, each has his own little digital
mixer, all connected together by cat5. The system seems to work
well, tho I`ve noticed that a lot of bands, once they get used to
in ears, play far louder on stage than before. WA certainly do!
I've seen them twice, once at an auditorium, soft seater
designed for musical and dramatic performances. SEcond time
at a club.
Always dug that band.
Yeah I bought one of their albums 38 or so years ago ! Still must have it
somewhere too. I liked it.

Graham
Ron(UK)
2008-04-16 08:08:33 UTC
Post by 0***@bellsouth.net
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Ron(UK)
btw, I was out with Wishbone Ash again last weekend, they are all on
IEM`s now, a system called HearBack, each has his own little digital
mixer, all connected together by cat5. The system seems to work
well, tho I`ve noticed that a lot of bands, once they get used to
in ears, play far louder on stage than before. WA certainly do!
I've seen them twice, once at an auditorium, soft seater
designed for musical and dramatic performances. SEcond time
at a club.
Always dug that band.
I gather you were foh then since they're each mixing their
own mons.
I set up and babysat the system, and engineered the support act.
They have their own engineer, who is very capable tho I suspect he has
some upper range hearing loss as he gets a very glassy sound on the
vocals and doesn't seem to notice squeals of very high frequency feedback.
In my opinion the band were too loud on stage, something they didnt
realise themselves until I pointed it out to them later.

Perfomance wise, they are better now than they've ever been, tho there
are a couple of pretty ropey vids on YouTube!

The foldback system consisted of a HearBack unit for each band member,
fed by cat5 from the Hearback's own head unit which was fed from a
Yamaha digital desk. My multi was connected to their splitter box. The
in-ears were Shure wireless. It all seems to work well, tho i`m a bit
dubious about using computer grade cat5 on stage, I can forsee problems
there.

Ron
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 11:52:27 UTC
tho i`m a bit dubious about using
computer grade cat5 on stage, I can forsee problems there.
Yup, the conductors of traditional CAT5 are solid 24 gauge in a fairly thin
jacket, not exactly stage-proof.

Stranded CAT5 are readily available, but it is avoided because it costs
more, uses different connectors, and has a shorter effective range.
William Black
2008-04-16 12:48:54 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
tho i`m a bit dubious about using
computer grade cat5 on stage, I can forsee problems there.
Yup, the conductors of traditional CAT5 are solid 24 gauge in a fairly
thin jacket, not exactly stage-proof.
Stranded CAT5 are readily available, but it is avoided because it costs
more, uses different connectors, and has a shorter effective range.
And someone's going to bend it too sharply and kill the speed even more...

10baseT with co-ax would be better...

At least you can buy that armoured...
--
William Black

Time for tea.
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 16:51:34 UTC
Post by William Black
Post by Arny Krueger
tho i`m a bit dubious about using
computer grade cat5 on stage, I can forsee problems
there.
Yup, the conductors of traditional CAT5 are solid 24
gauge in a fairly thin jacket, not exactly stage-proof.
Stranded CAT5 are readily available, but it is avoided
because it costs more, uses different connectors, and
has a shorter effective range.
And someone's going to bend it too sharply and kill the
speed even more...
Yes, we need CAT5 with a sheath like a heavy-duty power cord.
Post by William Black
10baseT with co-ax would be better...
I don't think that would work because a lot of these CAT-5 applications
aren't 10base anything. They just use the same cable.
Post by William Black
At least you can buy that armoured...
This looks relevant:

http://www.gepco.com/news/pr_prod_2004_0914_ct504hd.htm

"Gepco International, an industry leader in the manufacturing and
distribution of quality professional audio and video cables, introduces the
CT504HD heavy-duty tactical Category 5e cable. An ideal solution for
portable or remote patching of Ethernet networks or digital audio/video
formats utilizing CAT5e type cable, the CT504HD was created to meet the
increased demand of audio/video professionals who need a rugged, reliable,
portable and flexible cable solution."

" The inner jacket of the CT504HD allows the pair to have proper physical
spacing in order to achieve EIA/TIA CAT5 specifications, while the durable
TPE outer jacket protects the cable from physical damage or abuse. In
addition, the CT504HD utilizes stranded 24-gage conductors that enhance the
cable's flexibility and flex-life durability."
William Black
2008-04-16 18:20:10 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by William Black
[...]
Anyone who uses the word 'tactical' about wire isn't getting my business.
--
William Black

Time for tea.
William Black
2008-04-16 09:20:32 UTC
Post by 0***@bellsouth.net
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
I take it you`ve not worked with a certain Mr Price then?
No. Do tell.
Graham
Alan is the original grumpy old man of rock. He can be.. let's say
'dificult' tho there IS a way to handle him. There are far worse
than him tho.
Not familiar with the name. SHould I be?
Probably.

Heard the classic 'sixties version of 'The House of the Rising Sun'?

The original name of 'The Animals' was 'The Alan Price Rhythm and Blues
Combo'...

.
--
William Black

Time for tea.
0***@bellsouth.net
2008-04-16 13:22:40 UTC
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:22:40 GMT
Post by William Black
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Ron(UK)
I take it you`ve not worked with a certain Mr Price then?
<snippage>
Post by William Black
Post by Ron(UK)
Alan is the original grumpy old man of rock. He can be.. let's
say >'dificult' tho there IS a way to handle him. There are far
worse >than him tho.
Not familiar with the name. SHould I be?
Probably.
Heard the classic 'sixties version of 'The House of the Rising Sun'?
The original name of 'The Animals' was 'The Alan Price Rhythm and
Blues Combo'...
Yah I've heard him then.

email address.
GregS
2008-04-16 18:47:14 UTC
Post by 0***@bellsouth.net
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Ron(UK)
btw, I was out with Wishbone Ash again last weekend, they are all on
IEM`s now, a system called HearBack, each has his own little digital
mixer, all connected together by cat5. The system seems to work
well, tho I`ve noticed that a lot of bands, once they get used to
in ears, play far louder on stage than before. WA certainly do!
I've seen them twice, once at an auditorium, soft seater
designed for musical and dramatic performances. SEcond time
at a club.
Always dug that band.
I would have to her some of their songs to see if I really knew the music. Must have.
Someone from the band was on one of my Ebay auctions for a Spectra Sonics
compressor. He didn't win but I would have shiped to a US location from what I
remember. That was about 3 years ago.

greg
audio is heard by everyone.
liquidator
2008-04-16 00:12:25 UTC
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by Eeyore
[...]
Wow- Wishbone Ash. Loved them. Doubt they remember playing the Agora in
Columbus Ohio, woulda been 72 ish. They had no attitude problems, at least
then. Great guys, great music.

Prolly one of my faves from that part of my life, along with Trapeze. Focus
was a lot of fun, but the manager whisked them in and out, no chance to do
anything other that the show.

The Agora did benefit concerts for local charities on Monday nights.
Trapeze was pretty much stuck here and broke. The Agora had a band house
where they could stay., end unit in what we call a "row house" here in
central US- essentially 4 two story apartments built as a unit, usually
brick.

Managed to convince the charity folks to let them play and give them the
door proceeds.

Sadly, about 150 saw them on Sunday, but Monday we gave them a 1200 crowd
and were able to give them a couple hundred bucks, not a lot but gas was 33
cents then. Different times..I prolly wasn't as cranky back then...
Ron(UK)
2008-04-16 08:15:11 UTC
Post by liquidator
Prolly one of my faves from that part of my life, along with Trapeze.
Ahhhh Trapeze...

They used to play regularly in Blackpool just down the coast from me.
I still play their album 'You are the music, we're just the band' as
preshow music at rock concerts, and audience members still come up
asking "what`s this album! where can we buy it?"

Great band

Ron
liquidator
2008-04-16 11:17:16 UTC
Post by Ron(UK)
Post by liquidator
Prolly one of my faves from that part of my life, along with Trapeze.
Ahhhh Trapeze...
They used to play regularly in Blackpool just down the coast from me.
I still play their album 'You are the music, we're just the band' as
preshow music at rock concerts, and audience members still come up
asking "what`s this album! where can we buy it?"
Great band
Ron
If anybody's interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapeze_(band)
Trapeze were an English rock band formed in March 1969, by vocalist John
Jones and guitarist/keyboardist Terry Rowley (who named the band), with
guitarist Mel Galley, singer/bassist Glenn Hughes, and drummer Dave Holland.
The band had a fairly fluid line up, finally dissolving in 1994, and
although they never found commercial success themselves, several members
went on to join better known bands including Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Judas
Priest and Uriah Heep.
geoff
2008-04-14 22:28:02 UTC
Post by liquidator
On a tech issue- frankly I would take his word over pretty much
anybody here.
Do you believe than no AKG D880 mic could ever work for long because it's
natively 600 voicecoil has wire too fine to avoid breakage ?

geoff
Phil Allison
2008-04-14 23:11:26 UTC
"geoff" <***@nospam-paf.co.nz>

** Would you believe "geoff" is another sheep molester from New Zealand ?

Would you believe "geoff" is a congenital, mental defective ?

Would you believe "geoff" is an autistic cretin ?

How could you believe anything else ?

...... Phil
geoff
2008-04-15 01:20:33 UTC
Post by Phil Allison
** Would you believe "geoff" is another sheep molester from New Zealand ?
Would you believe "geoff" is a congenital, mental defective ?
Would you believe "geoff" is an autistic cretin ?
How could you believe anything else ?
Another well-reasoned and profound point of veiw.

geoff
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 02:19:40 UTC
Post by geoff
Another well-reasoned and profound point of veiw.
** With so many swine,

it's is not advisable to waste pearls.

..... Phil
liquidator
2008-04-15 03:01:26 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by liquidator
On a tech issue- frankly I would take his word over pretty much
anybody here.
Do you believe than no AKG D880 mic could ever work for long because it's
natively 600 voicecoil has wire too fine to avoid breakage ?
geoff
Don't you get tired picking nits? I'm sure a thorough search for you might
bring up some doozies- and I notice you post your words not the original
post- which in my book is the mark of a weak mind. If you are going to quote
somebody do so- not strain it thru your own prejudices.

Yeah- you got 'em, just like everyone on the planet.

Phil has contributed a lot of useful tech info here. Cant ever recall a post
of yours worth remembering.

I don't care for Phil...but he isn't stupid. Just psychotic.

Please don't bother replying- time is to short to put up with arguments like
yours. Go join a chat room with Arny- you are acting just like him, at least
in this post.
Arny Krueger
2008-04-15 12:25:25 UTC
Post by liquidator
Please don't bother replying- time is to short to put up
with arguments like yours. Go join a chat room with Arny-
you are acting just like him, at least in this post.
Yup, Liquidator is not one to be swayed by facts. The more he whines about
me, the more I realize that I really showed him up for being the ankle-biter
that he is.
Eeyore
2008-04-15 17:11:01 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by liquidator
Please don't bother replying- time is to short to put up
with arguments like yours. Go join a chat room with Arny-
you are acting just like him, at least in this post.
Yup, Liquidator is not one to be swayed by facts. The more he whines about
me, the more I realize that I really showed him up for being the ankle-biter
that he is.
Will you please CAN IT Arny ?

Your personal fights here are now getting as tiresome as Phildo's. And that's
saying something.

Could you do YOURSELF and the group a big favour by laying off the pointless and
utterly tedious responses to obvious trolls and personal insults ? And stop
trolling yourself too please.

Graham
Arny Krueger
2008-04-15 18:29:18 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Will you please CAN IT Arny ?
Why not show me how?
Post by Eeyore
Your personal fights here are now getting as tiresome as
Phildo's. And that's saying something.
Graham, you can't be saying this with a straight face, right after picking a
fight with every guitarist in the world, can you? ;-)
Please explain?
Eeyore
2008-04-15 18:43:39 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by Eeyore
Will you please CAN IT Arny ?
Why not show me how?
Simple. Do yourself a favour and let it drop. No-one other than yourself and
your adversaries CARES !

Show yourself to be a man by rising above it all. PLEASE !

Graham
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 02:20:34 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by Eeyore
Will you please CAN IT Arny ?
Why not show me how?
Simple. Do yourself a favour and let it drop. No-one
other than yourself and your adversaries CARES !
Show yourself to be a man by rising above it all. PLEASE !
Graham, you sure aren't very self-aware, are you? I just read about a dozen
posts by you today, and one was more abrasive than the next.
Eeyore
2008-04-15 18:55:53 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by Eeyore
Could you do YOURSELF and the group a big favour by
laying off the pointless and utterly tedious responses to
obvious trolls and personal insults ?
Why not show me how?
Have you noticed how I can't be bothered wasting my time by responding to
insults any more. I take them as a given from the likes of Phildo and george. No
point wasting energy over them. I respond to FACTUAL errors they may post but
insults I mostly let ride. I've better things to do with my time.

Graham
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 02:21:06 UTC
No, instead you add plenty of your own.
Eeyore
2008-04-16 05:49:08 UTC
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by Eeyore
Have you noticed how I can't be bothered wasting my time
by responding to insults any more.
No, instead you add plenty of your own.
When did I insult you ?

Graham
Arny Krueger
Not, me - your other victims. Lighten up.
liquidator
2008-04-15 19:19:22 UTC
Post by Eeyore
Post by Arny Krueger
Post by liquidator
Please don't bother replying- time is to short to put up
with arguments like yours. Go join a chat room with Arny-
you are acting just like him, at least in this post.
Yup, Liquidator is not one to be swayed by facts. The more he whines about
me, the more I realize that I really showed him up for being the ankle-biter
that he is.
Will you please CAN IT Arny ?
Your personal fights here are now getting as tiresome as Phildo's. And that's
saying something.
Could you do YOURSELF and the group a big favour by laying off the pointless and
utterly tedious responses to obvious trolls and personal insults ? And stop
trolling yourself too please.
Graham
Trolling would mean I was looking for a response from Arny- since I have him
killfiled and only see his responses when somebody replies to him..that's
just not the case. I could care less about most of his replies. He's just
proven himself such an ass anytime I can get a joke at his expense..I'll
share with most of the group who feels the same way about him.

You and I have had words, Graham. I respect you a lot more than you think,
just in the last few years you've done a lot of "nit picking". Most of the
stuff you and I have had words about wouldn't get you a cup of coffee if you
threw a dollar into the deal.

Arny on the other hand is just constant wrong. I just don't believe for a
minute ANY of his posts. Not the case with you at all. Killfiled you for a
while, took you out a long time a go. On the other hand gave Arny 3 chances
and he fucked up all of them.
Arny Krueger
2008-04-16 02:22:11 UTC
Post by liquidator
Arny on the other hand is just constant wrong.
You're lying liquid-brain because you just admitted that you don't read most
of my posts.

How can you know about posts you don't read?

You can't.
geoff
2008-04-15 21:55:02 UTC
Post by liquidator
Post by geoff
Post by liquidator
On a tech issue- frankly I would take his word over pretty much
anybody here.
Do you believe than no AKG D880 mic could ever work for long because
it's natively 600 voicecoil has wire too fine to avoid breakage ?
geoff
Don't you get tired picking nits? I'm sure a thorough search for you
might bring up some doozies- and I notice you post your words not the
original post- which in my book is the mark of a weak mind. If you
are going to quote somebody do so- not strain it thru your own
prejudices.
OK, I've got a weak mind and Phil's technical posts are always 100% spot on.
Post by liquidator
Yeah- you got 'em, just like everyone on the planet.
Phil has contributed a lot of useful tech info here. Cant ever recall
a post of yours worth remembering.
Thanks. I thought you searched me.

geoff
liquidator
2008-04-16 00:26:18 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by liquidator
Post by liquidator
Yeah- you got 'em, just like everyone on the planet.
Phil has contributed a lot of useful tech info here. Cant ever recall
a post of yours worth remembering.
Thanks. I thought you searched me.
geoff
Never said he is 100%- would I killfile somebody who is 100?

reality check please.

Hope you read the other thread- mentioned we got started off wrong.

One issue is on the net you see only text, not the other person's body
language, so misunderstandings are rampant. If I took what you said
incorrectly, an official apology.

Anytime you want we can wipe the slate and start over.

No I didn't search you actually- don't recall talking to you much in the
years I've been here.
Hot Chip
2008-04-15 03:02:56 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by liquidator
On a tech issue- frankly I would take his word over pretty much
anybody here.
Do you believe than no AKG D880 mic could ever work for long because it's
natively 600 voicecoil has wire too fine to avoid breakage ?
geoff
Interestingly enough my D880 is into its fifth year at around 150+ gigs a
year and shows no signs of "breaking".
Arny Krueger
2008-04-14 22:53:07 UTC
Post by liquidator
Pretty much spot on. Phil saddens me though- if he could
get himself under control there is some worth there. he
actually has a good brain, it's just emotionally he is a
train wreck.
Contrasted to say- Arny- who is virtually useless, posts
wrong info and argues about it, then just generally shows
his ass,
Just goes to show Liquidator that you can't tell a head from an ass.
Post by liquidator
Phil is wonderful On technical issues you can
generally believe Phil...he's rarely but sometimes wrong.
Liquidator, it is quite clear that you equate people who are abusive with
people who you feel are authoritative about audio - given your worship of
the two Phil's.

That all said, Phil generally gets things right, when he properly
understands the question, which is not all of the time.
Phil Allison
2008-04-14 23:19:51 UTC
"Arny Krueger"
Post by Arny Krueger
That all said, Phil generally gets things right, when he properly
understands the question, which is not all of the time.
** ROTFLMAO !!

Misunderstanding the question is Arny's ONLY forte.

And he is getting better at it too.

As he slides deeper into dementia.

Did he bother to check who the OP was ??

Never does.

...... Phil
mcsteve
2008-04-14 23:07:32 UTC
Post by liquidator
Pretty much spot on. Phil saddens me though- if he could get himself under
control there is some worth there. he actually has a good brain, it's just
emotionally he is a train wreck.
Contrasted to say- Arny- who is virtually useless,
He bears a similarity to Arnii in that he engages in lengthy, nonsensical
flame wars, and will never admit when he's wrong. They are also similar
in their delusional airs of superiority. Based on what they post here, I'd never
hire either one.
Post by liquidator
Any kind of business or other issue- and he flames worse than a drag queen
being burned at the stake.
Good one. Though, you left out the tourettes symptoms.

Arnii and Allison are the only two here that I will not reply to, or
otherwise engage. Arnii because he simply doesn't know the work, Phil because
he's just too over the top with his unwarranted abusive name-calling.
Steve <snip> McQ
liquidator
2008-04-15 03:05:11 UTC
Post by liquidator
Any kind of business or other issue- and he flames worse than a drag queen
being burned at the stake.
Good one. Though, you left out the tourettes symptoms.
Arnii and Allison are the only two here that I will not reply to, or
otherwise engage. Arnii because he simply doesn't know the work, Phil because
he's just too over the top with his unwarranted abusive name-calling.
--
Steve <snip> McQ
Can't argue with you. I just killfile Phil for the third time.

But it's sad to see someone with actual abilty go to waste.

Arny simply has no abilty beyond blustering.

Have I learned anything from Phil? Yeah. and George and....lots here
actually.

Arny? Not a damn thing- except maybe how not to act.
Phil Allison
2008-04-15 03:27:55 UTC
"liquidator" <***@mad.scientist.com>

" liquidator = Fucking CRIMINAL ASSHOLE "

** " Ebay seems to feel differently, Phil...

39 items found for: beta 58 "

The above *** IS *** a claim alright, 39 Beta 58s available on eBay,
when I said there were none to be had.

Problem is YOU were too lazy too LOOK at the items and see they were
really all 58As.

Cos you were SOOOOOO fucking desperate to contradict me.

YOU PSYCHOPATHIC ASSHOLE !!

You did not BOTHER to get one single fact straight.

You ASSUMED I had done no research on my facts - BIG MISTAKE !!

Now, you post a whole pack of dumb lies and wild abuse to try to falsely
make out I was wrong.

You are ten times worse than any ASS.

Get cancer and DIE - you utterly

INSANE OLD CUNT !!!!

...... Phil
Phil Allison

...... Phil
Mike Dobony
2008-04-22 22:12:28 UTC
Post by liquidator
Post by jakdedert
Post by Hot Chip
[...]
Or lose customers. NEVER let someone like this have any access to
customers and have a contract that states they owe you their sole if they
ever even hint that they work for you. Talk about destructive advertising!

Mike D.
mcsteve
2008-04-23 02:54:42 UTC
"Mike Dobony" wrote:>>
...have a contract that states they owe you their sole
Sounds fishy, to me.
Steve <snip> McQ
liquidator
Da Bonehead saves soles- he drives everywhere.
Bob Howes
2008-04-23 07:55:06 UTC
Post by mcsteve
"Mike Dobony" wrote:>>
...have a contract that states they owe you their sole
Sounds fishy, to me.
--
Steve <snip> McQ
....just so long as he knows his plaice. I suspect that on many live sound
issues he may be floundering. At least he knows how to set up Turbotsound
cabinets.

Bob
geoff
2008-04-23 22:33:44 UTC
Post by Bob Howes
Post by mcsteve
"Mike Dobony" wrote:>>
...have a contract that states they owe you their sole
Sounds fishy, to me.
--
Steve <snip> McQ
....just so long as he knows his plaice. I suspect that on many live
sound issues he may be floundering. At least he knows how to set up
Turbotsound cabinets.
Good at fixing tunas. But don't upset him - he's a real snapper.

geoff

Phildo
2008-04-23 09:03:04 UTC
Post by Mike Dobony
Post by liquidator
Just have to have a back room with a closed door for them to work behind.
Or lose customers. NEVER let someone like this have any access to
customers and have a contract that states they owe you their sole if they
ever even hint that they work for you. Talk about destructive
advertising!
I would say the same about you Bony going by what you post on here.

Phildo